Thursday, March 3, 2011

How I saved 87% TODAY!


So today was a really good day for me at Kroger! As you can see in the picture above I got lots of items and to be honest, my cart probably wouldn't have held another item. My grand total was $171.55, but I only paid $22.63! I KNOW that sounds crazy (I'm still checking my receipts to make sure it is true myself) but the exciting new is..it was EASY! Read below as I break down my shopping trip and how I made all of this possible.

Many of the items I got today were right on my post titled "Deals at Kroger for 2/27-3/5 so I urge you all to check that post out and maybe even print it before your next trip. I won't go into all the details of where I got my coupons, but I will explain how I combined them to get all this stuff for very little money.

The past two weeks Kroger held their Daytona 500 sale which allowed you to purchase 10 participating items, save $3.00 at the checkout on your order, and receive a $3.00 off coupon to use on a future purchase. When Chad and I did our shopping we ended up with 10 of these coupons which would enable us to save $30.00 off of our future purchase. We were so excited about this until we were informed that the coupons could not be combined and had to be used on SEPARATE purchases. BOO! Not to worry...that did not stop me from using them this week! I simply broke my shopping trip into 6 different purchases (we had already used 4 of these coupons for smaller purchases). Here is how my purchases went today:

Receipt #1
*2 Old El Paso Taco Dinners ~ These were on sale for 2/$4 and there was a peelie that allowed me to purchase two items and get the Taco seasoning for free!
*Old El Paso Taco Seasoning ~ $.99 (used an eCoupon for $.35 off) plus got $.99 off since I purchased the 2 items above! This item made me $.35!
*2 Packages of Hamburger Helper ~ These were on sale for $.97 and I had 2 "Save $.50 coupons." Kroger doubled these coupons and I got both boxes for free!
*2 Boxes of Pillsbury Toaster Strudels ~ On sale for $2.89 a box. Used an eCoupon to save $.50 on 2 boxes and stacked with a paper coupon to "Save $.50 on 2." Kroger doubled my coupon and I paid $1.24 per box
*Family Size Chips Ahoy ~ On sale for $1.75...used an eCoupon for "Save $1.00" plus used a peelie coupon to "Save $1.00 when you purchase milk." These coupons combined allowed me to save $.25 on my milk.
*Propel Water ~ $1.29 and I had a catalina that made this item free!
*Milk ~ $3.09

With this order I had a "$5.00 off a future order" from the Pillsbury Bake Off Contest plus I used one of my $3.00 off Daytona 500 coupons. My total was $.97 meaning I saved 96%!

Receipt #2
*Gillette Fusion Shave Gel ~ $3.50 on sale and I used a $2.00 eCoupon and I had a $1.00 off paper coupon making this item only $.50!
*Green Giant Steam Veggies ~ $1.28 each and I used a $.50 off eCoupon plus used my *free* eCoupon that I won with the Cart Buster game this week! I also had 2 paper coupons that allowed me to "Save $.50 on 1." When Kroger doubled these to $1.00 they paid ME $1.22 for these veggies!
*Old Spice Deodorant ~ On sale for $1.99. I used a $1.00 off eCoupon and a $1.00 off paper coupon making this item FREE!
*2 boxes of Puffs ~ $1.99 each and I used a $.50 off eCoupon plus a $.50 off paper coupon. These two coupons combined made each box only $1.24 each!

With this order I used one of my $3.00 off catalina coupons and Kroger actually owed me $.88! I insisted that the lady add another item to my order so we added this:
*Old Spice Body Wash ~ On sale for $3.00 plus I had a $1.00 off eCoupon and a $1.00 off paper coupon making this item only $1.00!
My grand total was $.29 and the tax was $.54 so I saved 101%!

Receipt #3
*2 cans of Pringles ~ $1.34 each and I had a $.25 eCoupon and a $1.00 off paper coupon making each can only $.72!
*2 bags of Chex Mix ~ $1.25 each and I had a $.50 eCoupon and a $.50 paper coupon. After Kroger doubled the paper coupon to $1.00 I only paid $.50 a bag!
*2 Lean Cuisine Meals ~ $2.00 each and I had a "Save $1.10 on 2 coupon" making 2 only $1.45 each.
*Stouffer's Meal ~ $2.00 and I had a coupon to "Save $1.00 on 1" making this item only $1.00.

With this order I used a $3.00 Daytona 500 catalina and my total was $3.32 meaning I saved 81%!

Receipt #4
*6 bottles of Soft-Soap ~ $.88 each and I had 6 "Save $.35 on 1" coupons making each only $.18 after Kroger doubled my coupons.
*Gillette Deodorant ~ $3.00 and I used a $1.00 off eCoupon making this item only $2.00.
*Gillette Body Wash ~ $2.50 and I had a coupon that allowed me to get this item free when I purchased the deodorant. Final price...FREE!
*2 cans of Pillsbury Bread Sticks ~ $1.25 each and I used a $.40 eCoupon and a $.40 paper coupon that doubled to $.80. My final price for each can was $.65!
*Secret Deodorant ~ $1.99 on sale and I used a $1.00 eCoupon and a $1.00 paper coupon making this item FREE!

With this purchase I used one of my $3.00 off catalina coupons and my final total was $.35 allowing me to save 100% (I only paid tax!).

Receipt #5
*Boneless Pork Chops ~ $6.33 a package and I had a coupon to allow me to save $1.00 on a meat product (Kroger loyalty coupon I forgot I had!) making this package only $5.33.
*2 packs of boneless chicken breasts ~ $3.12 and $3.16 and I used peelies that allowed me to "Save $1.50 on each when I purchased a Philadelphia Cooking Creme." This coupon allowed me to pay $1.62 and $1.66 for my chicken!
*2 Philadelphia Cooking Creme packages ~ $2.50 on sale and I had 2 coupons that allowed me to save $1.50 on each making them only $1.00!

I used one of my $3.00 catalina coupons and my total was $7.61 which means I saved 67%!

Receipt #6
*Honey Nut Cheerios ~ $2.18 and I used a $.55 eCoupon and a "Save $1.00 on 2 boxes" making this item only $1.13
*Cinnamon Cheerios ~ $2.18 combined with the coupon above made these only $1.68
*Febreze Spray ~ $2.49 combined with a "Save $2.00 coupon" making this item only $.49 (thanks Danielle!).
*Dawn Dish Soap ~ $1.99 combined with a $.25 eCoupon and a $.50 paper coupon making this item only $.74
*2 packs of Duracell batteries ~ $2.50 each combined with a $.50 eCoupon and 2 $.75 paper coupons making each pack only $1.50 each!
*Kettle Chips ~ $1.49 combined with a $1.00 off eCoupon made this bag only $.49!
*Fiber 1 Bars ~ $2.29 and I used a $.50 off eCoupon and a $.50 paper coupon which made this box only $.79!
*Charmin Toilet Paper ~ $5.99 and I used a $3.00 eCoupon and a $1.00 paper coupon making this item only $1.99!
*Tide Stain Release ~ $5.99 and I used a $3.00 eCoupon and a $3.00 paper coupon making this item FREE!
*Febreze Air Care ~ $2.49 and I used a $1.00 eCoupon and a $1.00 paper coupon making this only $.49 (this one came from Danielle!).
*Bounty Paper Towels ~ $5.99 and I used a $2.00 eCoupon and a $1.00 paper coupon making this item only $2.99!

With this order I used one of my $3 catalina coupons and I also had a $2.00 off coupon from Betty Crocker where I purchased a certain number of their items last week. These coupons combined with my other coupons made my total only $10.12 meaning I saved 85%!

I have to give a great deal of thanks to my cashier for being very patient with me today, but I think she enjoyed seeing my savings roll in and the final word of getting a whole cart full of groceries for $22.63! Check my post on the Kroger deals for specific information on where to find these coupons! Don't forget to play the Cart Buster game every day! I won the Green Giant veggies on Wednesday and today I won a pack of the Charmin Double Roll! I am so excited so make sure you play and win something for FREE!

2 comments:

  1. I'm new to this couponing world lol and would like to know why so many different orders instead of just one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sky! I had so many different orders because the week before Kroger had a sale where you purchased 10 participating items and you would receive $3 off your order now...and then you got a coupon to get $3 off a future order. Well those coupons were only good for about 2 weeks and then they would expire. When I got to Kroger I was informed that I couldn't use more than 1 coupon at a time..so I broke my orders up into smaller orders so that I could use 1 $3 coupon per order!

    ReplyDelete